Medical Assistant- Island DigestiveFacility: Physician Practice Account: Good Samaritan Physician Practice Location: Babylon, NY Department: Island Digestive Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Full Time, Variable Shifts, Variable Days Shift: Day, Evening and Night shifts Hours: 7:00am-7:00pm ReqNum: 6030274
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537 bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Medical Assistant is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment.
- Duties related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment
- Assist with front office duties: greeting patients, answering phones, and verifying insurances
- Prepare examination rooms and patients for visit
- Preparing patient charts for visits
- Contacting insurance companies for referrals and authorizations
- Assisting patients with various needs when not providing direct patient care clinical support
- Obtain the patient's medical history and document in the electronic medical record
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program required
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- BCLS training and current certification required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years' experience as MA in a physician practice or ambulatory environment preferred
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes to every patient, every time. We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.