Pediatric Dvlpmt SpecialistFacility: Physician Practice Account: Good Samaritan Physician Practice Location: Babylon, NY Department: Physicians Pediatrics-P Category: Physician / Advance Practice Professional Schedule: Full Time Shift: Flex- Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm ReqNum: 6010633
Pediatric Development Specialist
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537-bed teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. Located approximately 40 miles from the heart of New York City, in West Islip, Long Island New York, it is surrounded by a rich culture and history offering a diverse palette of attractions and points of interests. Children benefit from some of the best school districts and recreational activities. From professional sports, white sandy beaches, water activities, museums, golf, hunting and camping to ice skating, cross-country skiing and sledding, whatever the season, Long Island has it all.
Good Samaritan with almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level 2 pediatric trauma center cares for nearly 950,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. We offer Suffolk County's only free standing Center for Pediatric Specialty Care and provide services for the smallest patients through our Level III Neonatology Unit through adulthood. We also include a separate and designated Pediatric Emergency Department staffed 24/7 by physicians specially trained in pediatric emergency medicine.
In addition to the multiple pediatric specialists and pediatric surgical specialties supporting a robust inpatient unit, PICU and level III NICU, Good Samaritan additionally trains residents within their accredited pediatric residency training program. This allows us to foster a team environment that is focused on evidence-based practice, continued learning and exceptional quality of care. As an integral member of our team, you will provide oversight and supervision of residents in training during their rotation within the service of developmental behavioral pediatrics. You will have the opportunity to obtain an academic appointment commiserate with your expertise and training.
- Evaluating and managing infants, children and adolescents with a variety of developmental and behavioral concerns, including, but not limited to : Autism Spectrum Disorder, ADHD, learning difficulties, developmental delays and behavioral problems, as well as high risk newborn developmental evaluation and follow up
- Supervising, overseeing and teaching medical students, interns, and residents rotating through the department and division.
- Maintaining high standards and quality of care to the patients cared for
- Promoting high quality, cost effective care based on the best medical evidence
- Participating in data collection to assess patient care and satisfaction studies
- Making best efforts to keep current with developments in pediatrics, medical management and related areas through CME programs, medical literature review and medical staff conferences
Qualified candidates are those that are Board Certified or Eligible in developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. A current NYS Physician's license.
We offer a competitive salary, dynamic work environment, and comprehensive benefits package. For consideration, please email your CV and contact information to Catherine.firstname.lastname@example.org, and apply online at: