Registered Nurse- Per DiemFacility: Physician Practice Account: Good Samaritan Physician Practice Location: Babylon, NY Department: Pediatric Clinics-P Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 10:00am-6:00pm ReqNum: 6026601
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Registered Nurse provides safe, direct patient care utilizing the nursing process in the ambulatory setting. The RN provides clinical leadership and is a resource for the staff.
- Greets and welcomes patients
- Operates clinical equipment according to manufacturer's instructions including safety and quality control checks. Checks care areas for malfunctioning equipment and general maintenance problems on a regular basis.Reports findings to appropriate person or arranges for repairs, as required.
- Works to create and maintain excellence in patient/family satisfaction, relationships and engagement. Responds to care questions or complaints for timely resolve.Provides documentation on unresolved issues voiced by patients and refers to appropriate party for resolution.
- Maintains and uses principles of aseptic techniques and infection control when performing clinical duties and tasks.
- Collects, prepares and processes laboratory specimens for on-site and remote-site testing. Tracks and enters results in medical record. Performs quality control for waived testing and log maintenance.
- Diploma/Degree from an accredited RN program, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Current NYS RN License. BLS training and current certification. ACLS current certification required
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective oral and written communication skills to enhance age-specific care. Team collaboration and analytical problem solving
- Ability to work with Electronic Health records, Practice Management and Scheduling system
- Minimum of two years of experience as an RN in a physicians practice or ambulatory environment or previous related experience
- Must be able to function effectively in a busy outpatient clinical setting
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.