Medical Office AssistantFacility: Physician Practice Account: Good Samaritan Physician Practice Location: Bay Shore, NY Department: GSH-CHS Integ Care Bay Shore-P Category: Newly Created Position Schedule: Full Time, including Weekends Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 8:00AM-4:00PM, 12:00pm-8:00PM ReqNum: 6031166
Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center is a 537- bed (including 100 nursing home beds) teaching hospital and a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island. With almost 900 physicians on staff, and a level II Trauma Center, we care for well over 100,000 patients annually across the south shore of Long Island. Our reputation for excellence is built on great choices and empowered leadership, and fosters a team that's focused on evidence based practice, continual learning and exceptional quality of care.
The Medical Office Assistant is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment.
- Answering phones
- Scheduling appointments
- Handling physician correspondence
- Preparing patient charts for visits
- Contacting insurance companies for referrals and authorizations
- Assisting patients with various needs when not providing direct patient care clinical support.
- Certified Medical Assistant or associates degree medical assisting program preferred
- Medical Assistant program attendance required
- BCLS training and current certification
- High School diploma or equivalent?
- Minimum of two years' experience as MA in a physician practice or ambulatory environment preferred
- One year experience in clinical reception preferred.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.