Medical Office AssistantFacility: Physician Practice Account: St Francis Physician Practice Location: Bellmore, NY Department: Bellmore Family Practice-P Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: varies ReqNum: 6020177 MEDICAL OFFICE ASSISTANT
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery.Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
The Medical Office Assistant will be working for a physician's practice.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with Front Office Duties: Greeting Patients, answering phones, verifying insurances.
- Medical chart review and preparation, Vital Signs preparation of exam rooms
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred
- Prior front desk medical experience preferred
- HS Diploma/GED RequiredAt Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.