Nursing Assistant- Surgical Care CenterFacility: St. Joseph Hospital Location: Bethpage, NY Department: Surgical Care Center Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift: Night shift Hours: 11p-7a ReqNum: 6047512
If you're looking for a great place to grow your career at a community hospital focused on excellent patient experience and nursing excellence, St. Joseph Hospital, a member of Catholic Health, may be what you are seeking. We offer career advancement, a rich tuition reimbursement program, medical benefits, a generous pension plan, 403B for retirement and PTO plan. Join us and Long Live Long Island where we care for Every Patient, Every Time.
Located in Bethpage, St. Joseph Hospital that provides comprehensive inpatient and outpatient medical, critical care and surgical services. Its Emergency Department cares for approximately 33,000 patients a year. Other vital services include an Ambulatory Surgery Unit, The Center for Sleep Medicine, Hyperbaric and Wound Healing Center, CHS Cancer Center, The Center for Speech and Swallowing Disorders, Diabetes Education Center and a full scope of outpatient radiology services, including Cardiac CT.
- The Nursing Assistant assists in the care of patients by performing various duties under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Assists in patient data collection.
- Provides appropriate care to assigned patients.
- Provides patient care in accordance with the Patient's Bill of Rights.
- Reports patient needs to the nurse promptly.
- Organizes patient care appropriately.
- Completes patient care and assignments in a timely manner. Reinforces patient instruction.
- Documents accurately on the patient's medical record and on other forms.
- Performs treatments and procedures according to established hospital policy and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Must have successful completion of a duly authorized CNA Training Program or is a student enrolled in a nursing program who has completed fundamentals of nursing including clinical rotation or relevant work experience including nursing assistant and or personal care aide.
- BLS from American Heart Association required. Current ED experience is preferred.
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time. We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.