Per Diem Wound Care Registered Nurse (RN)Facility: St. Joseph Hospital Location: Bethpage, NY Department: Wound Care Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Varied hours Hours: 8a-4p ReqNum: 6038140
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes â€“ to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes and discover why Catholic Health was named Long Island's Top Workplace.
At St. Joseph Hospital, our Center for Hyperbaric Medicine & Wound Healing provides care to those suffering from chronic wounds and our team of experienced wound care specialists will customize the most effective treatment plans to stimulate healing.
- Be responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of wound, ostomy and continence, and specialty tube care
- Serve as a resource for wound care and pressure injury prevention practices for the hospital
- Provide direct patient care and education to patients with skin/wound problems, as well as providing education to their family members
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, Registered Nurses (RNs), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and their loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support, and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for Wound Care
- 3+ Years of recent RN experience
- 1+ Years of Wound Care RN experience
- Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree strongly preferred
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and Board Certified in Wound Care Nursing required.
St. Joseph Hospital is a community hospital that provides comprehensive inpatient, outpatient, critical care and surgical services. St. Joseph Hospital is proud to hold The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval, signifying full accreditation by the nation's predominant standards-setting body in health care. Amongst many quality achievements, St. Joseph is also recognized by the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association for GOLD quality achievements for both Stroke and AFIB. In fact, St. Joseph is the first hospital on Long Island to earn the AFIB GOLD Quality Achievement Award.