RNFacility: St Joseph Hospital Location: Bethpage, NY Department: Endoscopy Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Part Time, Variable Days, Variable Shifts Shift: Day shift Hours: 7a-3p, 8a-4p, 9a-5p ReqNum: 6031803
Registered Nurse (RN) Periop Float Endo/PACU
Are you a determined Registered Nurse consistently providing outstanding, compassionate patient care? Do you build relationship of trust and advocacy with your patients and their loved ones? Do you thrive in a progressive, team-oriented environment?
Then you have what it takes to be a Mercy Medical Center Nurse. You are at the heart of health.
Our Endoscopy RN's:
- Assess, monitor, administer medication, document progress, recover and manage overall care for patients undergoing endoscopic procedures.
- Partner with an interdisciplinary team including, but not limited to, attending physicians, registered nurses (RN), and ancillary staff to optimize patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- Advocate for and build meaningful relationships with patients and their loved ones through safety intervention, emotional support and education.
What you'll bring:
- Passion for perioperative services
- 1+ years of Registered Nurse (RN) experience in the Endoscopy/Critical Care required
- 1+ years of PACU Experience Preferred
- Education: Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Will consider Associates Degree if enrolled in an accredited BSN program
- Licensure: New York Registered Nurse (RN) License & Registration
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required
- Weekend and holiday rotation, On Call (PACU) to ensure 24/7 coverage
Mercy is a pioneer in the evolution of outstanding medical care, as evidenced by our state-of-the-art operating suite. With 9 operating rooms and one cystoscopy room, we provide a wide range of surgical services. Patients receive exceptional quality care from our dedicated, experienced perioperative services staff.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.