Medical CaseworkerFacility: Maryhaven Location: Blue Point, NY, NY Department: CRS Medical Workers Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 3pm ReqNum: 3132
Maryhaven is a nonprofit, Long Island based agency committed to helping persons with special needs including intellectual disabilities, mental health issues, physical disabilities, and/or substance abuse/dependence issues to realize their full potential. The agency's purpose is to establish, maintain and operate progressive programs and services which are residential, educational, vocational, and rehabilitative in nature. The ideal goal is the attainment of normalization, in all aspects of life, for each individual we support.
Responsibilities will include:
Monitors and access services to meet the medical needs of residents through community resources.
- Transports and accompanies consumers on medical visits.Provides and returns documentation for filing to residence. Communicates with manager/supervisor regarding resident's medical status.
- Maintains positive communication with medical/day providers and families.Provides accurate information to providers regarding health needs of the residents.
- Ensures that medical documentation is accurate, complete and follow-up is done as necessary (e.g.....medical visit forms).
- Maintains knowledge of consumer medical insurance.Ensures that proper billing information is provided at each medical visit.
- Maintains appointment calendars at each assigned residence, with copies to assigned RN and Medical Case Worker Supervisor.
- Schedules and follows-up on consumer medical appointments as dictated by health needs, physician recommendations and program policies.
- Provides morning care at residences as assigned.
- Provides staffing coverage in residence for those consumers unable to attend day programming.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Valid NYS driver's license
- Ability to pass and maintain Strategies for Crisis Intervention Prevention certification (SCIP) and Medication Administration Course (AMAP) following hire. We offer extensive paid orientation training.
At Maryhaven, which is part of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future. Due to our extensive network of programs and services, the opportunities for career growth are significant. Come enjoy working with others as you chart your own course for the future!