Advanced Practice ProviderFacility: Physician Practice Account: St Francis Physician Practice Location: East Hills, NY Department: Orthopedics - ISK -P Category: Physician / Advance Practice Professional Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day shift Hours: 8-4 ReqNum: 6025387
Physician Assistant - ISK Orthopedic Practice
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI surgery, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
The ISK Orthopedic Practice is currently looking for an Advanced Practice Provider - Physician Assistant / PA to join the Orthopedic Practice and be a part of a multidisciplinary team providing advanced, high quality healthcare at our East Hills and Manhattan locations.
Responsibilities will include:
- The Physician Assistant will provide primary, pre and post-operative care to orthopedic patients in a practice setting
- First or second assist in OR plus NEW State of the Art Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Assess, order and review test results for treatment and diagnosis of patients
- Educate patients on orthopedic conditions, injuries and surgical procedures
- 1 years of experience in Orthopedics preferred
- Must be able to work a varied day schedule Mon-Fri
- Some travel required to NYC or alternate practice locations
- Bachelor of Science, Masters preferred in an AMA approved Physician Assistant program
- NYS Physician Assistant License or Limited Permit
- NCCPA Certification
- BLS and ACLS certification
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.