Executive AssistantFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: East Hills, NY Department: Development Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: M-F: 9am-5pm ReqNum: 6018440
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Senior Vice President in the Development department.
- Answers and screens Senior Vice President for Philanthropy & Chief Development Officer phone calls.
- Maintains Senior Vice President's appointment and meeting calendar; opens and screens Senior Vice President's mail; maintains related files.
- Regular contact for high-level institutional offices (i.e., Office of the President & CEO, other vice presidents, physicians, and major donors).
- Prepares various documents including: letters, memos, reports, proposals, minutes, PowerPoint presentations, etc. Performs research on prospects for proposals utilizing files and Raiser's Edge database.
- Assists Development team in hosting outreach events.
- Responsible for taking minutes and transcribing them for the St. Francis Hospital Foundation Board meetings.
- Oversees and manages all department budgets:
- Reconciles, investigates, and settles budgetary discrepancies.
- Tracks invoices and payments on the Lawson System, audits monthly budgets.
- Handles service contracts and legal affairs (as related to contracts).
- Oversees all office time sheets and data entry, tracks all requests for vacation/time off, and informs staff of vacation/sick time accruals.
- Minimum of 10 years experience as an executive assistant.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage several complex projects at once.
- Must demonstrate comfort, talent, and ease in working with high-level donors, board members, and senior administration.
- Excellent computer skills essential (knowledge of databases, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook), familiarity with the Internet.
- Shorthand experience is a plus