Medical AsstFacility: Physician Practice Account: St Francis Physician Practice Location: East Hills, NY Department: Orthopedics - ISK -P Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8-4 ReqNum: 6028077
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
As a Medical Assistant for Catholic Health Services, you will be working under the supervision and delegation authority of licensed providers to perform clinical and other supporting patient care tasks. The Medical Assistant is a key member of the patient care team by supporting the providers with the delivery of high-quality health care to our patients.Medical Assistants help patients transition from the outside world into the provider's office.
You will play a vital role in accommodating our patient's needs by providing exemplary customer service. Our goal is to treat our patients with I-CARE Values: Integrity, Compassion, Accountability, Respect and Excellence.
- Duties related to patient care in a team-based care and integrative health environment.
- Competency is all skills related to the performance of providing exceptional patient care.
- Assist in explaining policies, procedures, or services to our patients using your clinical and administrative knowledge based upon the scope of the physician's practice.
- Proficiency with care tasks such as phlebotomy, aseptic technique, etc.
- Prepare examination rooms and patients for visits.
- Obtain the patient's medical history and document in the electronic medical record.
- Ability to work with an Electronic Health Record, Practice Management and Scheduling systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with effective oral and written communication skills to enhance age-specific patient care, team collaboration and analytical problem solving.
- Detail oriented with ability to multitask and follow-through.
- Assists in the design and oversight of efficient patient flow and upholds an environment of patient safety and satisfaction.
- Be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant Program required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- BLS training and current certification required.
Minimum of two years' experience as MA in a physician practice or ambulatory environment preferred.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.