Practice Support AssociateFacility: Physician Practice Account: St Francis Physician Practice Location: East Hills, NY Department: Additional Physician Pract-P Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Per Diem Shift: Day shift Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm ReqNum: 6026313
Practice Support Associate
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
The individual in this role is responsible for answering phones, scheduling appointments, handling physician correspondence, preparing patient charts for visits, contacting insurance companies for referrals and authorizations, assisting patients with various needs. This position requires the ability to function in a multi-tasking environment.
- High School diploma or GED required; Associates degree or completion of a related specialty program in an accredited school is preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective written and oral communication skills to enhance population specific service, team collaboration and analytical problem solving
- Can multitask and work efficiently
- Knowledge of medical terminology desirable
- Able to use, maintain and troubleshoot office equipment
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.