Tumor Registrar-Remote OptionFacility: St Francis Hospital Location: East Hills, NY Department: Cancer Services Program Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8:00AM - 4:00PM ReqNum: 6026362
St. Francis Hospital, The Heart Center is New York State's only specialty designated cardiac center. A member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island, St. Francis is consistently recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a national leader for Cardiology & Heart Surgery, as well as for Gastroenterology & GI Surgery. Additionally, U.S. News rates St. Francis as high performing in Geriatrics, Neurology & Neurosurgery, Orthopedics, and Pulmonology. Nursing care at St. Francis is also nationally recognized, with multiple Magnet designations, as well as the AMSN PRISM Awards and Beacon Awards. St. Francis has regularly out-scored other hospitals on Long Island.
St. Francis Hospital is dedicated to providing a supportive environment, committed to the highest standards of patient care, where health care professionals can develop their expertise and strengthen their credentials.
- Performs patient case-finding, accessions, abstracts, codes data and registers cancer patients in the cancer Registry database
- Ensures all database documentation is complete and accurate and obtained in a timely mannerComplies various statistical reports and performs other registrar duties to facilitate the smooth functioning of the unit
- Participates in and attends relevant meetings seminars, conference , lectures and programs
- Disseminates and obtains data in accordance with HIPPA regulations and professional ethics
- Performs related duties, as required
- This position offers remote/working from home option
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. AAS, preferred
- Certification as a Tumor Registrar, required
- Prior hospital cancer registry experience, preferred
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.