Compliance Support AssociateFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Farmingdale, NY Department: Internal Audit & Compliance Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: 8 am to 4 pm ReqNum: 6019545
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Under the direction of the Physician Compliance Audit Manager, the Compliance Support Associate shall be primarily concerned with supporting the audit and monitoring efforts of the CHS Compliance Department. Chief responsibilities include coordinating and obtaining hospital and physician medical documentation required for compliance staff to perform reviews. Duties include significant travel to various CHS facilities, including off-site physician offices, to collect, scan and upload medical documentation.
- Understand and maintain strict professional confidentiality of patient information, departmental work plans and projects.
- Travel to various CHS facilities, including off-site physician offices, to scan and upload requested medical documentation into computer systems utilized by the CHS Compliance department to perform reviews.
- Work with the Physician Compliance Audit Manager to maintain the database of medical documentation.
- Work closely with CHS physician compliance audit staff to obtain medical documentation for various audits in a timely manner.
- Coordinate with CHS Entities/facilities health information management departments and physician office staff to retrieve medical documentation.
- Ensure medical documentation is returned to proper department/area after scanning is completed.
- Serve as liaison between CHS physician compliance audit team, other CHS staff and outside consultants under the supervision of the Physician Compliance Audit Manager.
- A minimum of two years working with medical records in a healthcare environment and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Be able to spend the majority of the day sitting at a desk scanning.
- 75% - 90% travel to other CHS Entities/facilities.
- Valid drivers license
- Shall possess the knowledge, skills and disciplines essential to support the performance of physician compliance reviews of healthcare institutions, as follows:
- A basic knowledge base of the components of the medical record (i.e. progress notes, radiological reports, labs, etc).
- Good analytical, problem-solving and time management skills.
- Strong professional attitude and the ability to work with and communicate effectively with all levels of management, personnel and outside parties.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work well with others and function in a team-oriented environment a necessity.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.