HHAFacility: Good Shepherd Hospice Location: Farmingdale, NY Department: Inpatient Center - Pt. Jeff Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift: Day shift Hours: 7:00am - 7:30pm ReqNum: 6044596
Good Shepherd Hospice is a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island and an integral part of the health care ministry of the Diocese of Rockville Centre.Our organization promotes the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being both of the person completing life's journey and their family members, providing comprehensive and compassionate end-of-life care of the highest quality. Good Shepherd helps patients and their families live each day fully, focusing on quality of life, control of symptoms and the things that matter to them the most.
Our team of professionals, caregivers and trained volunteers are dedicated to providing both medical and emotional support to patients and families. We currently employ more than 200 staff members and have a volunteer core of over 100 dedicated people.
Please take a moment to carefully review the job details below.
The Inpatient Center Home Health Aide, under the supervision of the appropriate professional staff, is responsible for providing personal care that assists the patient/caregiver in the achievement of optimal physical and emotional comfort at the Good Shepherd Hospice Inpatient Center in Port Jefferson, NY. The ideal candidate will have a prior Home Health Aide experience and will demonstrate basic understanding and commitment to the hospice concept of care for the terminally ill.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Home Health Aide required
- Must possess a valid NY State Home Health Aide Certification
- Must have a current, valid New York State driver's license and a car in working order
- Good Shepherd Hospice, a member of Catholic Health RN Clinical Coordinator - Hospice
- Good Shepherd Hospice, a member of Catholic Health Clinical Educator - Nurse Residency Program
- Good Shepherd Hospice, a member of Catholic Health Hospice Liaison-RN
- Good Shepherd Hospice, a member of Catholic Health Hospice Inpatient Unit RN