Home Care New Graduate Residency ProgramFacility: Catholic Health Home Care Location: Farmingdale, NY Department: Education Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift: Day shift Hours: 8:30 AM -4:30 PM ReqNum: 6035347
Catholic Health Home Care and Good Shepherd Hospice PAID New Graduate Nurse Residency Program
Catholic Health is excited to offer a transition to practice program for New Graduate Registered Nurses seeking an opportunity in Home Health and Hospice practice.
We are looking for new graduates passionate about making a difference in patients' lives at home. Our next program is scheduled to start early 2023.
The yearlong program will expose new graduates to home care through a mix of educational curriculum and opportunities, supervised visits, and ongoing mentor/peer support and collaboration.
Benefits of working in Home Care and Hospice Nursing:
- Providing high quality care for patients in your community
- Continuously learning new skills while caring for patients requiring both basic and complex needs
- Working independently to deliver patient and family-centered care
The Residency Program will educate and apply key skills including, but not limited to – critical thinking, evidence based practice, time management, wound and ostomy care, chronic disease management, and quality improvement.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Please include your GPA on your application.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Home Health (Aide or LPN) experience a plus
- BSN candidates strongly preferred
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.