Lead Physical TherapistFacility: Catholic Home Care Location: East Hampton, NY Department: Team 13 Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift: Day shift Hours: 8:30-4:30p ReqNum: 6019666
LEAD HOME CARE PHYSICAL THERAPISTFOR SOUTH FORK
(Patchogue > East Hampton)
- Bachelors Degree required Masters degree preferred
- Five (5) years of experience including two (2) in Home Care.
- Licensed and current registration to practice Physical Therapy in NYS.
- Preferably 5 years previous working experience with supervisory responsibilities and at least 2 years in Home Care.
- Knowledge regarding Federal, State regulations and Joint Commission standards as they apply to physical therapy services in a CHHA.
- Provides direction, instruction and guidance to Rehab Staff regarding implementation of quality patient/client care services for an assigned caseload.
- Evaluates the performance of assigned personnel in meeting standards/expectations applied to the position.
- Collaborates with the Interdisciplinary team to ensure consistency of case management/coordinator of Rehab Services.
Management and Coordinator of Patient Care:
Demonstrates clinical competency in physical therapy skills.
Visits patients in a timely manner, in accordance with Catholic Home Care guidelines.
Develops an appropriate plan of care based on skilled evaluations, physicians' orders and the patient's individual needs.
Evaluates the effectiveness of therapy in accomplishing goals and intended patient care outcomes
Communicates significant changes in patient status to the physician, rehab coordinator and the appropriate Catholic Home Care personnel when indicated.
Demonstrates effective communication skills in patient education, instructs patient/caregiver in aspects of home safety.
Demonstrates pertinent aspects of therapy in a complete, clear and concise manner and submits documentation in accordance with Catholic Home Care policy.
Develops a home exercise program. Instruct patient/caregiver and appropriate Agency personnel on safe and effective implementation of the home exercise program.
Maintains the dignity and confidentiality of the patient and clinical record at all times.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
Every Thursday is Open House day!
Nurses, Therapists and Home Health Aides are invited to visit our Farmingdale office to learn more about our programs and career opportunities:
Every Thursday, 9:00am 4:00pm
(Extended times available by appointment)
Address: 110 Bi-County Blvd., Suite 114, Farmingdale, NY 11735