RN Clinical Coordinator - HospiceFacility: Good Shepherd Hospice Location: Farmingdale, NY Department: Community Hospice Category: Nursing / Nursing Leadership Schedule: Full Time, with Weekend and Holiday rotation Shift: Day shift Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM ReqNum: 6049037
Our Hospice RN Clinical Coordinator
Our Hospice RN Clinical Coordinatoris responsible for evaluating and determining patient and family needs based on phone calls received or made.He or she will assign nursing visits accordingly.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of hospice concepts, philosophy, policies and procedures as well as prior experience caring for terminally ill patients and providing care in home and institutional settings.Candidate should possess the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, as well as telephone communication skills that include the ability to speak clearly, ask appropriate questions and listen to the caller need.
- Graduate from an NLN-Accredited nursing program. Baccalaureate degree preferred.
- Current and valid NY State license to practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Minimum two years recent experience in oncology, hospice home health care or medical/surgical nursing.
- Must have a current, valid NY State driver’s license and own transportation.
- Hospice and Palliative Care certifications preferred.