Team Manager AsstFacility: Good Shepherd Hospice Location: Farmingdale, NY Department: Administration Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Part Time Shift: Evening shift Hours: 4:30p - 8:30p ReqNum: 6030654
Good Shepherd Hospice is a member of Catholic Health Services of Long Island and an integral part of the health care ministry of the Diocese of Rockville Centre. Our organization promotes the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being both of the person completing life's journey and their family members, providing comprehensive and compassionate end-of-life care of the highest quality. Good Shepherd helps patients and their families live each day fully, focusing on quality of life, control of symptoms and the things that matter to them the most.
Our team of professionals, caregivers and trained volunteers are dedicated to providing both medical and emotional support to patients and families. We currently employ more than 200 staff members and have a volunteer core of over 100 dedicated people.
Please take a moment to carefully review the job details below.
The Team Assistant is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support necessary to assure delivery of clinical care agency's patients and staff. This includes coordination of paper flow, data entry of documentation and communication with patients, physicians and staff.
- Associates Degree required. Bachelor's preferred.
Computer / Special Skills Required
- Computer/data entry skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience utilizing an Electronics Medical System, preferably Allscripts
- Minimum two years office experience, preferably in a health care environment
- Excellent organizational/ communication skills; customer service skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks