Certified Pharmacy TechnicianFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Garden City, NY Department: CHS PP ACO Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9-5 ReqNum: 6018995
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The Certified Pharmacy Technician Specialist works as part of the care coordination team and provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care for ACO attributed patients through integrated assessment and monitoring, standardization of drug distribution, clinical service, teaching, and pharmacy representation among the medical and nursing staff.
- Provides comprehensive pharmaceutical care to patients within Medical Practices and virtually.
- Establishes productive, collaborative relationships with medical staff.
- Complies formulary stewardship practices. Works with physicians to change prescribing habits.
- Sustains professional competence through participation in educational programs, workshops, and national/regional conferences (speaking engagements on area of expertise is encouraged).
- Collaborates with other patient care team members regarding clinical interventions according to established procedures.
- Document, monitor, and report adverse events and medication errors.
- Participates in projects and workgroups to improve patient outcomes.
- Maintains appropriate documentation within the electronic health record and data regarding patient files.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her assigned unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age, specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in departmental policies and procedures.
- Must be familiar with medication brand and/or generics for most cost efficiency for patients.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Certified Pharmacy Technician. Certification must be in good standing to practice in New York State.
- Substantial experience in area of specialty (2-4 years or more) in retail/nursing facilities with knowledge of ordering/pricing of medications.
- Must demonstrate ability to provide leadership skills, maintain records, and assist team with prescription assistance programs.
- Must have knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits: our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.