Direct Support ProfessionalFacility: Maryhaven Location: Garden City, NY Department: New Hope Category: Direct Care / Aides Schedule: Part Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 2665
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
Maryhaven is a nonprofit, Long Island based agency committed to helping persons with special needs including intellectual disabilities, mental health issues, physical disabilities, and/or substance abuse/dependence issues to realize their full potential. The agency's purpose is to establish, maintain and operate progressive programs and services which are residential, educational, vocational, and rehabilitative in nature. The ideal goal is the attainment of normalization, in all aspects of life, for each individual we support.
Maryhaven's New Hope provides service to individuals who have chemical dependency.
Responsibilities will include:
- The Direct Support Professional at New Hope functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team working collaboratively to provide observation and care to the adult chemical dependency population.
If you are looking for more than a job and want a career that makes a difference in someone's life. Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Maintain valid NYS driver's license within agency criteria
- Experience with a special needs population or chemically dependent adults preferred
- Ability to write legibly required
At Maryhaven, which is part of Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future. Due to our extensive network of programs and services, the opportunities for career growth are significant. Come enjoy working with others as you chart your own course for the future!