Director, Central Referral OfficeFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Garden City, NY Department: Patient Navigation Hub Category: Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6019263
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Determines Call Center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing technical specifications, and production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Directs planning and implementation of a Call Center strategies and operations; improving systems and processes; managing staff.
- Develops Call Center systems by developing customer interaction; planning and controlling implementations.
- Maintains and improves Call Center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs.
- Accomplishes Call Center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Meets Call Center financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares Call Center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in Call Center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Nursing Triage and Patient Navigation: Establishes appropriate protocols and ensures proper RN staffing based on call volumes and patient care coordination needs. Ability to project needs based on short and long-term strategic plan.
- Customer Service: Provides customer service functions to include addressing patient, hospital and provider inquiries and complaints from all sources in a timely manner.
- Initiates necessary corrections to patient accounts and attempts to repair damage done to relationship with patient. This will require interaction with co-workers, physician offices, hospital, insurance carriers, and administration. Participates in patient satisfaction initiatives. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills. Communicates effectively with patients and senior management regarding service recovery opportunities works together with other team members to achieve office and system customer service goals.
- Teamwork: Fosters a collegial environment within Central Referral Office operations. Empowers Central Referral Office staff members to offer ideas and solutions for issues that affect the team and work area. Develops and directs the training and skills development program for all new and existing staff members.
- Prepares productivity reports each month, including but not limited to calls, referrals and amounts collected. Referral reporting is generated monthly and provided to senior management.
- Development: Maintains a current knowledge of clinical operations including medical knowledge. This will be required to understand referrals requested by providers. Develops and maintains a working knowledge of CPT and ICD coding. Participates in continuing education. Encourages staff member growth and development through stretch projects and continuing education.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree and five years of related experience.
- Requires working knowledge of specialized practices, equipment, and procedures.
- Five years of related management experience in a healthcare call center environment. Experience in clinical, referral or coding area.
- Ability to organize, analyze and prioritize work.
- Exhibit exceptional communication and negotiating skills to interact with payers, providers and patients.
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD coding required.
- Must possess the initiative and drive to take a project from beginning to a successful completion.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy required
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.