LCSW Social Work Care CoordinatorFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Garden City, NY Department: CHS PP ACO Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9-5 ReqNum: 6019238
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) Care Coordinator supervises and directs non-licensed social workers. He/ She coordinates and facilitates access to services and partners with community resources in order to achieve patients' quality care.
- Coordinates care for patients identified by population management software, direct physician referrals and other sources.
- Facilitates integration of services among practices.
- Identifies patients for care management utilizing care management criteria.
- Manages patients that are high risk, with multiple co-morbidities and at risk for admission and/or readmission to hospitals.
- Creates care management plans that address patients' needs and communication amongst a care team.
- Refers patients to different health care providers and community resources that may be of help to patients and families.
- Collaborates with health care providers to facilitate patient's care and optimize clinical and financial outcomes.
- Promotes patients' self-management and empowerment.
- Maintains a working knowledge of payer requirements and develops relationships with insurance case managers.
- Maintains databases on care managed population and documents in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Reviews goals on an on-going basis with the CHS PP Executive team.
- Participates in team meetings including board meetings and Beacon sponsored events which may occur during evening hours.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures.
- Follows applicable federal/state regulations such as confidentiality and HIPAA among others.
- Interacts in professional, respectful and helpful manner.
- Maintains professional growth and development.
- Develops educational opportunities for staff, providers and their staff members.
- Utilizes computer applications to track daily workflow and document on patients' progress.
- Supervises and reviews the work of non- licensed social workers
- Graduation from an accredited university with a Masters in Social Work required
- SIFI Certification preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in a clinical setting
- LCSW Certification required
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office, data entry, retrieval and report generation.
- Experience with Electronic Health Records applications.
- A team player that can follow protocols to achieve a common goal.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Confidence to outreach to other health care organizations and personnel.
- Ability to self-motivate, prioritize, and be willing to change processes in order to reach a common goal.
- Sensitive to cultural diversity and low literacy issues.
- Compassion, empathy, listening skills, organizational skills, people skills, problem-solving skills and time-management skills.
- The LCSW's performance will be measured by the following:
- Reports generated from the population management software addressing gaps in care, avoidable admissions and readmission rates.
- Patient satisfaction scores.
- Accurate and timely completion of all required documentation
- Ability to formulate therapeutic interventions that impact the patient and his/her ability to self-maintain in the community
- Ability to provide education to patients, families and practices
- Ability to work as a team member
- Working knowledge of community resources and is able to assist the patient in obtaining access to services
- Delivers all required reports to supervisor in a timely manner
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Network Team Coordinator