System Director, Ambulatory Clinical PracticeFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Garden City, NY Department: Physician Strategy-Quality Category: Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6019344
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The System Director of Ambulatory Clinical Practice & Quality will plan, direct and monitor quality of care throughout ambulatory clinical practices of the CHS Physician Partners (Medical Group and ACO). He/she will oversee the implementation and maintenance of ambulatory practice standards which support the delivery of patient-centered, cost effective and quality driven care. The individual will work with the VP, Ambulatory Clinical Practice & Quality and other system leadership to measure physician performance and care outcomes through the compilation and analysis of data and communication of results. The Director will work closely with physician organization leadership to build physician relationships and improve internal communication related to system initiatives. The Director will support programs and processes that enhance the patient experience, improve safety and encourage patient engagement in care, including preventive care and chronic condition self-management care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports to the VP, Ambulatory Clinical Practice & Quality. The individual must be able to work collaboratively in a highly matrixed organization and be able to build consensus across multiple constituencies.
- Develops standards, systems and tools for data collection and analysis of clinical practice patterns, environment of care, patient safety and resource allocation within physician practices.
- Develops and oversees education and programs that enhance the patient experience, improve safety and encourage patient engagement in care, including preventive care and chronic condition self-management care.
- Conducts data analysis to identify trends and patterns related to care outcomes; Develops action plans to address negative findings.
- Conducts practice assessments used in consideration of the acquisition of selected physician practices.
- Collaborates with practice management, IT, and other corporate teams to identify and implement key processes changes required for efficient practice operations and adherence to best practice standards.
- Develops provider and staff education related to goals and objectives.
- Works with clinical staff to implement streamlined and efficient workflow changes
- Recommends documentation and workflows that support and promote evidence-based practice.
- Develops programs to support contemporary and risk-sharing models of care, e.g., PCMH, ACO
- In conjunction with practice management, accountable for compliance with regulatory requirements and accreditation standards, including NYS Office-based surgery (Quad-A, etc).
- Supports Nursing standards of care/ scope of practice
- Current NYS Registered Nurse (RN) license required
- Candidates must have comprehensive knowledge of healthcare/hospital operations with a
- minimum of five (5) seven (7) years in ambulatory nursing or quality management including at least three (3) years at a leadership level.
- BSN or Bachelor of Science required; Masters in Nursing, Health Care Administration, Informatics or MBA required; DNP or PhD preferred
- ANCC or other nursing certification preferred
- CPHQ certification preferred
- NCQA PCMH CCE (certified content expert) preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Quality Management experience required
- Experience with risk-sharing models of care, e.g., PCMH, ACO
- Familiarity with ambulatory EMR systems (e.g., EPIC)
- Proven track record of accountability and results
- Experience with survey processes, e.g., Joint Commission, DOH and ambulatory accreditation, (AAASF Office based surgery, ICANL, etc.)
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Director, Central Referral Office