Appl Analyst I-EnterpriseFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: App Devel-Enterprise Systems Category: IT Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 7a - 3p ReqNum: 6027506
The Application Analyst serves on a cross-functional team responsible for the implementation and support of Enterprise Management Systems Applications for Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHSIT). Responsibilities include both technical and functional support. Under minimal supervision, the application analyst is competent to work on all phases of applications systems analysis and implementation activities: building, testing, trouble-shooting and systems documentation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science, Health Care Administration, Human Resources or equivalent from an accredited university or equivalent skills and experience required.
- Self directed and motivated professional with a desire to assist the organization in achieving its business objectives.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and documentation skills are essential for handling day to day responsibilities of addressing system and/or user issues, testing/implementing new software applications/fixes, cataloging user requirements and interacting with software vendors and consultants.
- Ability to design, manage and implement system activities associated with key business functions and develop, prepare, and coordinate project reports and weekly briefing updates.
- Ability to create documentation of processes and procedures required for design, build and support of key system application modules.
- Creativity, innovativeness and flexibility in responding to rapidly changing needs and priorities of the IT Department and user community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required for day-to-day interaction with end users.
- Work well with others and be able to lead a team and manage tasks and deliverables
- Complete project and support assignments in accordance with established service level agreements and defined and published project timelines
- Ability to develop user documentation for training, software/hardware use, user procedures, and project deliverables
- Evaluate all requested system changes against corporate standards to ensure compliance and understanding of impact to the organization as a whole
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to evaluate and interpret end user information requirements, and recommend or develop appropriate systems and/or application solutions
- Ability to learn and support new applications and systems
- Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis. Non-standard work hours will be required from time to time, based upon project requirements.
- Prior knowledge of healthcare business processes and hands-on experience with related application systems.
- Direct experience working with Human Resource and Payroll applications in a Health Care environment highly preferred; experience with Lawson a plus
- Working knowledge of large scale time and attendance application required with emphasis on the build and design.
- Proficiency in desktop applications such as MS-Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint is required
- SQL, Crystal Reporting, or similar experience a plus
- Understanding of project lifecycle concepts, structure and methodologies preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in related setting required