Application System AnalystFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Desktop & Server Architecture Category: IT Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8-5 ReqNum: 6027906
This position will support various applications within the enterprise. Numerous small systems that require IT analyst support are expanding and need care and feeding. Under minimal supervision, formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research, detailed work flow analysis and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems. Is competent to work on all phases of applications systems analysis and implementation activities. Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written or systems configured. Builds, tests, documents and maintains those programs.
- Leads Projects in all aspects of information system lifecycles (business requirements definition, selection/planning, build, test, train, implement, production support).
- Ability to communicate and manage project scope.
- Conducts data analysis of high degree of complexity and prepares written reports of findings.
- Makes recommendations about best approach to resolving a business problem.
- Helps to insure all user requests are received in writing, properly evaluated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Conducts review meetings with user committee(s) to assist in establishing Project priorities and documents outcomes.
- Ability to develop work plans, estimate tasks, adhere to budgets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required for day-to-day interaction with end users.
- Experience in working with multiple vendors and managing same.
- Will work with packaged software systems across clinical, financial and administrative services.
- Works with minimal direction.
- Conducts training when applicable.
- Must be available for on-call support on a regular basis.
- Assist in work plan development and management and plans own work effort based on one's own work tasks and gives guidance to work efforts by peers.
- Assists in the resolution of issues regarding projects being worked on and develops recommendations for those issues.
- Accurate and timely recording of time against tasks assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Preferred: a minimum of a BS degree with 5 years of experience; MA/MS degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Skills: Formal Training in a variety of information systems technologies is highly desirable: Desktop applications (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, etc.) databases (MS-Access, Oracle, Sybase, etc.), and programming/report writing languages (VB, C++, SQL, Crystal). Employment experience with the information systems technology mentioned
above is desirable. Must be a service-oriented team player who communicates proactively, cooperatively and constructively. Report writing experience highly desirable.
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential physical demands.
Expectation for All Employees:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and conduct himself/herself in conformity with the CHS Compliance Assurance Program and
Standards of Conduct.Employee shall receive a copy of the CHS Compliance Program Handbook and be aware of the CHS
Helpline.Employee will perform all work activities according to the highest ethical and legal standards.
- Conduct himself/herself in conformity with the HIPAA Compliance Program and applicable institutional policies and procedures for patient privacy.
- Play an active role in the CHS Information Security Awareness Program by following and supporting all CHS information security policies and procedures to the best of their ability. This will include reporting any suspected fraud, abuse, or violation of policy to the appropriate management or reporting mechanism.
- Support the organization's mission and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect, commitment to our community, and accountability and ownership.