Athletic TrainerFacility: St. Charles Hospital Location: Melville, NY Department: Rehab-Melville Category: Allied Health / Clinical Professional Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day and Evening shifts- Hours: varies and includes Saturday mornings ReqNum: 6046845
***$5000.00 Sign On Bonus Eligible ***
- School Contracted ATC Functions
- Provide evaluation and assessment of injuries sustained by school's students during school athletic events.
- Provide appropriate first aide and emergency care to injured athletes as appropriate and within the scope of practice of an athletic trainer.
- Direct students and parents to follow up with appropriate health care providers when necessary.
- Provide treatment and reconditioning of athletes following injury under the direction of a physician.
- Ensure coordination and communication is ongoing between injured student athletes, parents, coaching staff, team or family physician or other healthcare providers involved in the treatment of injury.
- Participate in injury prevention and risk management activities as requested by contracted school or program.
- Apply wraps, braces, tape and pads to student athletes as necessary and appropriate.
- Advise contracted school regarding inventory and requisitioning of supplies.
- Maintain accurate records of all athletic injuries reported by students.
- Maintain an emergency plan that includes emergency phone numbers for the contracted school or program.
Rehab Network Clinical Functions:
- Patient Care/ Professional Development
- Assist in carrying out patient care as directed by therapist or therapy assistant. This may include but is not limited to assisting with functional mobility, ADL's, exercises etc.
- Demonstrates awareness of patient's age, growth and development during any patient interaction.
- Demonstrates safety awareness and proper technique and body mechanics during all patient transfers.
- Demonstrates ability to properly utilize and assist patients to utilize the exercise equipment in the facility.
- Demonstrates safe and proper guarding techniques during patient care activities.
- Correctly positions and prepares patients for treatments as required.
- Assists patients in carrying out exercise programs and progressions.
- Reports any significant changes in patients' condition or behavior to PT/OT immediately.
- Athletic Trainer certification through NATABOC and Bachelor degree required.
- Weekends availability