Business Intelligence AnalystFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: IT Technology & Integration Category: IT Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm ReqNum: 6033019
At Catholic Health, we are more than 18,000 professionals inspired by innovation, strengthened by compassion, and driven to excellence. From working with a team of world-class healthcare professionals to state-of-the-art facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something incredible--for yourself, and for the community we serve.
Join our team at Catholic Health Services and discover why Catholic Health was named Long Island's Top Workplace.
The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for the quality, structure and management of data and information within the organization. This includes, for example, the movement and cleansing of data moving in and out of the enterprise, the appropriate structuring and enrichment of data in the transaction and decision support environments, and the presentation of quality data for use by data consumers. This position requires solid knowledge/development experience in SAP Business Objects BI Solutions (Web Intelligence, Explorer, Xcelsius, Universes, Design Studio, Crystal Reports). The BI Analyst must have proficiency working with data warehouse environments.
- Collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery.
- Determine validity of business requests and assist in cost/benefit analysis.
- Ongoing development and operations of an operational data store and enterprise data warehouse. Improving and streamlining processes, regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value.
- Ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
- Lead the design and development of Executive dashboards and analytical reports using the various reporting tools.
- Leverage Information Design Tool for maintaining and establishing connections to data warehouse and Universes.
- Use of CMC to understand the relationships of the existing Webi reports and related connections.
- Effectively monitor and react to requirements challenges and slippages.
- Cultivate strong business relationships with end-users and other project stakeholders. Confers with clients and/or vendors to identify report requirements and determine how the desired results can be achieved
- Create design specifications for new reports, identify and validate the appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs.
- Analyzes existing reports and modifies as necessary.
- Provides Operations staff training and support documentation in the form of job aides, written procedural documentation, and/or onsite training as needed.
- If vendor certified, move software enhancements into test and/or production environment. May coordinate with other IT teams to perform software enhancement testing and obtain signoff. As necessary, assists in software enhancement testing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information, Healthcare or other related field of study
- Healthcare experience preferred
- SAP BO 4.x, Webi, Lumira, Crystal Reports, BI Launch Pad, BO Universe Design and creation, Data Services, Universe Design tool, Design Studio, Query Browser, SAP BW, BICS, Bex, and Webi, & OLAP.
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience in SAP BO & BW integration projects.
- Strong SQL writing. Able to write Stored procedures and SQL Functions
- Must have developed dashboards that have drill-down capabilities in Webi Reports.
- Must have played the functional role in gathering requirements and working with business users.
- Proven experience and ability to lead medium to large size projects, manage stakeholder expectations and deliver results in-line with established goals, objectives, budget and timeline. Experienced in designing BI reports and dashboards using SAP, BOBJ suite of tools
- Experience gathering/analyzing requirements and translating them into detailed functional specifications.
- Experience planning, writing and executing test plans.
- Familiarity with Epic applications and database structure preferred.
- Epic Report Writer certification may be required and if necessary, must be completed within 6 months of requested date.
- Possess MS Office tools proficiency in the following: Project, Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Solid creative thinking, learning agility, decision making, problem solving, reasoning, and visualization skills and abilities.
- Interest in becoming a content expert in healthcare reporting databases and warehouses.
- Communicate effectively with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Collaborating with developers for customized development.
- Able to manage multiple tasks, often with competing deadlines.
- Possess the ability to contribute to an environment that motivates individuals to work collaboratively as a team
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.