Central Referral Office RepresentativeFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Patient Navigation Hub Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 10:00am - 6:00pm ReqNum: 6029625
Centralized Referral Office - Authorization Coordinator
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Centralized Referral Authorization Coordinator duties: Working with the EMR, this position obtains prior authorizations for surgeries, procedures and outpatient tests for Catholic Health Services of Long Island practices. Position works closely with the practices and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Verifies insurance coverage and obtains prior authorization as needed.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills. Communicates effectively with patients and management regarding service recovery opportunities works together with other team members to achieve Office and System customer service goals.
- Teamwork: Works well with others and functions as a team player. Offers ideas and solutions for issues that affect the team and work area. Stocking and ordering of supplies as needed. Maintains patient care areas. Participates in the training and skills development of new front office employees. Assists in other areas of the office as necessary
- Development:Develops and maintains a working knowledge of CPT and CDI coding. Participates in continuing education. Participates in the development of new programs.Continues to develop clinical and operational knowledge.
- Effectively communicates to the practices the outcome of procedural, surgical, and/or testing authorization submission using the EMR.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
Required Knowledge & Skills
High School Diploma or GED
Two years of related experience in a clinical environment. Experience in clinical, referral or coding area
Expert knowledge in surgical, procedural and outpatient testing authorizations in areas of CT Surgery, Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, Breast Surgery, General Surgery, Gastroenterology and Vascular Surgery
Ability to organize, analyze and prioritize work
Exhibit exceptional communication and negotiating skills to interact with payers, providers and patients
Data entry experience preferred. Business like appearance, detail oriented ability to multi-task, ability to work closely with others and function as a team member
Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding required
Must possess the initiative and drive to take a project from beginning to a successful completion
Basic knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy required
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.