Chief Operating Officer, Medical GroupFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Physician Strategy Category: Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6019975
The Chief Operating Officer position provides the leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the organization has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and people systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength, operating efficiency, and provide services to the community.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Organizationally, the COO will work collaboratively with the CAO to develop and implement the operational and strategic plans. The role requires significant leadership skill and ability. He/she will lead and oversee the development of operating and strategic plans.
Attention is to be given to program development, patient quality, fiscal management, compliance and clinical management measures, work culture enhancement and internal communications.
- Participates in development of long-range strategic plans, organizational structure and objectives for practice management.
- Partner with the Practice Director and senior leaders? to ensure effective and efficient clinical operations and workflows.
- Participates in establishment and implementation of organizational policies and procedures. Interprets policies, objectives and operational procedures.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the mission, vision and values of the Medical Group, including the deliverance of high quality, patient focused health care.
- Resolves problems related to staffing, utilization of facilities, equipment and supplies for the Medical Group
- Analyzes and recommends changes in Medical Group policies and procedures and ensures their implementation.
- Delegate's authority and responsibility as appropriate.
- Develop and foster effective collaboration between clinical departments, divisions, leadership, to ensure an integrated approach to providing services, and fulfilling the mission and vision of the organization, while effectively carrying out the organizations strategic plan.
- Develop new business strategies to improve the financial growth and overall patient access to quality care.
- Effectively serving as a resource to the CAO to help reduce costs, enhance revenues, and support the CAO's vision for internal and external expansion.
- Communicate key information to the stakeholders of these service areas with respect to managed care, marketplace needs, the competitive environment, cost management, and customer-focused services.
- Collaborate with outreach department and referral networks to ensure effective partnerships are formed which will facilitate the development and expansion of services.
Master's degree preferred 10 + years' experience in healthcare operations leadership preferred.
Demonstrated high-level leadership and decision-making authority is required. Data evaluation, reporting and trend analysis experience is required of this job. Demonstrated positive outcomes and best practices in health care and not-for-profit is a necessary function of the job. Experience and high level of accountability of fiscal management and reconciling complex budgets in health-care management is required. Proficiency in MS Office products, Power Point and Excel is required. Presenting strategies and recommendations for positive outcomes to board of directors and leadership. Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills is required.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Director, Enterprise Management Systems
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Director, Physician Contracting
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Director, Provider Coding and Documentation
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Executive and Leadership Coach