Communication Coordinator (Internal Position)Department Only Facility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Public Affairs & Communication Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6021697 Internal Position
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Responsible for supporting the content creation of internal and external communications. Coordinate and successfully execute internal and external communication projects. Update and manage the communications calendar for all CHS communication channels.
- Organize and coordinate the activities and flow of work related to internal and external communications for CHS and its entities.
- Use technology to manage and traffic workflow to ensure timely delivery of all projects consistent with quality standards.
- Publish regular analytics to appropriate audiences that measure the performance of all communication efforts.
- Communicate information about community and/or customer needs and participate in the identification of new community opportunities.
- Coordinate with the communications and marketing team to gather and track data to measure the effectiveness of executed programs and projects.
- Collaborate with colleagues in communications and marketing to coordinate content delivery across multiple communication channels, including but not limited to corporate website, social media and news media.
- Responsible for uploading content for screensavers, digital sign, intranets, newsletters, etc.
- Ensure internal events, conferences, are consistent with branding guidelines.
- Maintain inventory of CHS collateral, promo items, tablecloths and other materials needed for an external presence.
- Oversee newsletters, e-blasts, internal announcements and memos.
- Suggest new ways to incorporate interactive, video and social media platforms into regular internal communications vehicles.
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related area required
- Minimum of two years of experience in a communications/public relations function; preferably health care
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills required
- Background in quality, health care experience preferred
- Experience working with content management systems
- Travel in Suffolk and Nassau counties
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.