Desktop AnalystFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Desktop Services Category: IT Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6018221
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Desktop Analysts have face to face contact with the user community. Desktop Analysts are responsible for responding to problems/requests about business applications and IT related hardware from Catholic Health Services employees. The Desktop Analyst will gather all necessary information to resolve the user's problem and utilize their skill sand experience to resolve the issue. The Desktop Analyst will also answer "how to" questions and solve problems. Desktop Analysts are knowledgeable in IT equipment builds and rollouts, software maintenance and installations. They provide support of remote locations. Desktop Analysts must have the ability to lift and move heavy computer equipment. They are responsible for carrying pager and participating in on-call duties.
- Contributes to and consistently applies CHS Services' policies, procedures and benefits to all customers and/or employees by effectively working with all customers and CHS personnel without discrimination.
- Provides excellent customer service by ensuring that support services are delivered within Service Level Agreements to meet customer business needs and expectations.
- Works with Catholic Health Service employees to collect information pertaining to requests / problems.
- Receives tickets from HEAT. Performs analysis of user requests / problems to resolve issues.
- Documents all troubleshooting efforts on problem tickets.
- Contributes to team knowledge base.
- Analyst will be logged into HEAT and pick up/work on tickets as they are assigned.
- Resolve tickets as capable and escalate to other teams as necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of Desktop Support procedures, business area processes, and applications.
- Seeks to improve knowledge, skills and performance and is receptive to developmental feedback.
- Works independently and maintains a high degree of professional conduct at all times.
- Computer related courses at a certified career center. Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science desired.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft OS and Office Automation products.
- Team player with the ability to multi-task.
- Basic understanding of networking essentials.
- Working knowledge of popular Microsoft applications as well as IBM compatible desktop computers.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 pounds.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a reliable car.
- Must be willing to travel to all CHS facilities.
- Minimum three (3) years desktop support experience.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.