Director, Desktop ServicesFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Desktop Services Category: IT Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6021053
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The Director sets objectives, organizes, and leads the Desktop Services department to ensure that services are delivered to meet client business needs and expectations. The Director is responsible for the development and on-going coordination of continuous improvement projects within service delivery. This individual ensures that all staff demonstrate the required competence, customer service skills and business process knowledge to resolve customer issues.
- Provide leadership and vision for the Desktop Services department including client end-user computing, mobile device, and AV support, in order to streamline IT operations structure across all business entities.
- Project Management including application and operating system upgrades/implementations, hardware upgrades, enterprise-wide technical standardization and other technology refreshes.
- Manage customer service and staff competence so as to optimize and sustain performance and customer satisfaction.
- Reviews, designs, and redesigns as needed desktop policies to improve the customer experience and achieve operational results.
- Optimizing staffing and geographical locations to improve the customer experience and support business processes.
- Develops fact-based analysis, budgets, and forecasts.
- Achieving operating and capital objectives.
- Managing ongoing root cause analysis in desktop operations and oversees the integrated development and deployment of solution based activities.
- Conducts site visits and provides forum for formal and informal communications among IT management and field staff.
- Ensure conformance to system infrastructure standards, methods and practices and assist in development of the same, across IT and CHS business units.
- Plan and forecast projects and project time.
- Responsible for maintaining and communicating hardware and software standards.
- Attend meetings and contribute to company strategy and policy making.
- Member of Change Control Committee, Security Control Committee, Security Incident Response Team and IT User Groups.
- Reporting/trend analysis of IT issues, problems and potential risks.
- Develop and document support strategies, troubleshooting guidelines and escalating procedures including Problem and Service Request Management, Inventory and Support plan and databases.
- Maintain and oversee technology hardware and software inventory
- Creates team enthusiasm while providing guidance and encouragement. Demonstrates ability to further develop the skills of others. Identifies and responds to development / coaching needs of all personnel. Ensures performance feedback is delivered on a timely basis.
- Responsible for all aspects of staff management, including hiring, coaching, counseling, performance reviews, improvement plans, development, training, and terminations according to company policies and employment laws.
- Work independently and maintains a high degree of professional conduct at all times. Exhibits leadership qualities in daily responsibilities.
- Conducts himself/herself in conformity with the Corporate Compliance Assurance Program and is committed to the mission and goals of Catholic Health Services of Long Island.
- Plays an active role in the CHS information security awareness program by following and supporting all CHS information security policies and procedures to the best of their ability. This will include reporting any suspected fraud, abuse, or violation of policy to the appropriate management or reporting mechanism
- Maintains competency by participating in continuing education and seminars specific to job responsibilities within CHS IT.
- Performs related duties as assigned and unrelated duties as requested.
- On call support 24 x 7 x 365.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science desired.
- 10 years of experience in related field is required, at the senior level managing large field installation operations (10,000 employees) in an operationally intensive business with field delivery teams and a strong focus on excellent customer experience.
- Computer related courses at a certified career institution.
- Detail oriented, with focus on high quality and customer support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, ability to provide direction, constructive feedback and employee counseling when necessary.
- Independent, with ability to multi-task.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Minimum ten (5) years management experience.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Revenue Cycle Analyst
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Microsoft System Administrator
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Microsoft Systems Administrator - Enterprise Imaging