Director, Patient ExperienceFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Port Jefferson, NY Department: Quality Assurance Category: Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6018405
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Responsible for the strategic development, planning, execution, and oversight of Patient Experience (PX) and all related programs, strategies, initiatives, policies, and procedures in St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center and St. Charles Hospital. This position leads the PX mission for the Hospital, under the guidance of the System Chief Quality Officer and the Hospital President, and drives its success in PX and HCAPHS metrics. Manages, develops, implements, promotes and evaluates all PX programs, strategies, initiatives, policies, and procedures across the continuum and in alignment with both the Hospital and the System strategy. Works collaboratively with all other performance improvement programs and organizational goals, including our Journey to High Reliability. Provides strategic direction and training on PX to professional staff, managers, and all employees and volunteers. Manages all efforts to ensure highest patient, staff, and leadership satisfaction on PX.
- Executes the System plan around PX, including, but not limited to, training, evaluation activity, and improvement plans.
- Evaluates Hospital results to identify opportunities for improvement in HCAHPS ratings and patient experience. Provides recommendations, action plans, and timelines for improvement.
- Assesses employee engagement and physician satisfaction as related to patient experience.
- Develops targeted coaching plans and improvement goals to improve results, in sync with System activities.
- Willing to travel to facilities regularly
- Identifies opportunities for engaging physicians in patient experience improvement activities. Develops and implements strategies and coaching plans for Physicians.
- Engages in the process of periodic review and updates of policies, procedures, and standards, as applicable to PX.
- Assist in the development of specific curriculum and materials as needed to facilitate an exceptional patient experience that support performance standards throughout Division facilities.
- Collaborates with Senior Leadership and management team of organizational development to incorporate patient experience improvement in facility initiatives/programs.
- Provides senior leadership with in-depth analysis of all patient metrics, PX Surveys, written and verbal compliments and complaints, and qualitative data from multiple sources.
- Drives institutional improvement strategies; Measures, monitors and assesses the outcomes of all initiatives; Collaborates with senior leaders to achieve goals as delineated by the System.
- Provides one-on-one coaching for leaders and key staff to improve customer satisfaction results
- Provides regular communication to division leadership on project timelines and progress.
- Educates managers and line employees in the philosophy and techniques of patient experience improvement, using I-CARE values to drive behavior.
- Identifies and assists struggling departments, celebrate successes, and encourages stretch goals.
- Any other related request, as directed by the System Chief Quality Officer.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Care Administration, Public Relations, Communications, Human Resources or related field, required. Master's Degree, preferred.
- Healthcare / Clinical education will be evaluated on an individual basis. Certification in PX preferred.
- Minimum of three years' experience within Organizational Development / Organizational Change, Human Resources, Hospitality or service industry.
- Prior Healthcare / Clinical experience will be evaluated on an individual basis. Experience working in or leading a PX Department preferred.
- Strong interpersonal (oral and written), facilitation, coaching and mentoring, and presentation skills. Demonstrated experience in leading by influence.
- Must exemplify key leadership attributes.
- Demonstrated ability to determine key business issues and develop appropriate action plans for multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Proficiency in team building, conflict resolution, group interaction and dynamics, project management, cost effectiveness and budget management.
- Demonstrated skills in complex analytic problem solving, project management, change management and group process.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Strong process orientation, efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness and results orientation.
- User knowledge of relevant computer systems/applications.
- Ability to research, summarize and communicate to the public, both verbally and in writing.
- Polished facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong project management and implementation skills.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.