Director, Physician ContractingFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Physician Strategy Category: Leadership ReqNum: 6018342
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The Contracting Director will be responsible to maintain contractual documentation, ensuring compliance with CHS policies and procedures, as well as providing ongoing assistance internally in the administration of contractual agreements. This includes maintaining and reviewing contract files and records; preparing status reports; and reconciling differences.
- Review and manage 1099 contracts alongside contract liaisons including on-call agreements and professional service agreements.
- Work with AP to ensure payments to providers are made on the basis of the contract.
- Responsible to manage hospitalists contracts, including developing and implementing a new compensation model.
- Work with hospitals to determine when new hospital-based physicians should be hired and manage contracting process.
- Responsible to conduct reviews and work with AP to ensure contracts and PAF's are updated in Meditract.
- Responsible to manage contract liaisons to ensure they are conducting contract reconciliations yearly including: working with finance, legal and operations, manage reviews and revisions that are required base on productivity, working with clinical departments, review quality bonuses and working with hospital clinical departments, review AS&T roles.
- Oversee the management of the Meditract system.
- Manage physician employment agreement renewals.
- Work with legal and compliance to update and regularly review the physician contracting policy.
- Achieve 100% compliance of medical group managing providers and vendors to contracts.
- Ensure all contracts are renewed according to the terms of contract.
- Ensure all agreements with providers are in compliance with the CHSLI contracting policy.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or Health care management, MBA preferred
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in contract administration and compensation modeling.?
- Solid ability to understand and execute a variety of compensation and benefit models to provide incentives for physicians that fulfill the desired behaviors and work product.
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization for negotiating contracts including: Physicians, attorneys, and business leaders.
- Solid experience in working with all levels of management to communicate complex payment methodologies in layman's terms.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.