Director, Practice ManagementFacility: CHS Services Location: Melville, NY Department: Physician Strategy-Operational Category: Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9-5 ReqNum: 6048427
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes and discover why Catholic Health was named Long Island's Top Workplace.
The Practice Director provides leadership, direction, and ongoing administration and management for all aspects of the assigned medical offices of the CHS Physician Medical Group. The Practice Director ensures policies and procedures are implemented for efficient, effective management of all programs. The Practice Director has overall responsibility for all aspects of physician practice management's financial results and operational performance and is accountable to communicate and implement the Medical Groups strategic initiatives to meet the CHS goals and objectives. The Practice Director will be responsible for optimizing the Patient and Physician experience by utilizing survey results, increase the efficiency and capacity of the Medical Practices and be accountable for integration with the Hospitals, IPA and practices by ensuring all patients health needs are being met by referrals and hospital programs for other care services. Travel is required to multi medical practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes the lead with senior leadership and practice managers for the preparation of the annual operational, staffing and capital budgets for the assigned physician practices.
- Responsible for budget and the overall development of annual revenue projections.
- Accountable for operational/financial metrics and overall business results of the practice.
- Supervises, leads and develops Office and Practice Managers to oversee day-to-day operations of the Medical Group's employed physician practices.
- Develops and implements specific programs, products, and services to support the long-range strategic direction for the Medical Group's employed physician practices.
- Assists with due diligence for the Medical Group's employed physician network acquisitions, coordinates findings with the Medical Group, identifies operational requirements and opportunities to incorporate post acquisition.
- Assists with financial monitoring and ensures effective communication with senior leadership, the Medical Group, and physician practices.
- Responsible for managing the physician schedules for increased efficiency and to maximize practice office capacity.
- Oversees the coordination of operational start-up and on-boarding for new practices with physician practice management staff.
- Monitors all physician employment agreements for physicians and any contract provisions, updates, and revisions to be executed as intended.
- Supervises the Medical Group's practice management team for the assigned practices and provides direction in determining appropriate staffing needs.
- Conducts on-site practice visits to meet with physicians and staff to ensure operations function effectively.
- In support of service line development plans, ensures each practice has the facilities and equipment required in order to achieve stated service, quality and patient satisfaction targets.
- Coordinates with Office and Practice Managers to address any clinical operations performance factors serving as barriers to the achievement of stated service line objective.
- Communicates any operational opportunities to the Medical Group and hospital senior leadership teams.
- Overall accountability to ensure Physician and staff are trained on EPIC and workflows are managed to reduce inefficiencies in the medical practices.
- Oversees and directs administrative activities to maintain accurate and comprehensive files for: patient records; current operational policies and procedures; internal and external reports and correspondence; governmental and regulatory standards.
- Provides recommendations for operational changes and ensures implementation and adherence. Identifies and recommends a course of action for approval to the Medical Group and Hospital leadership on organizational and/or operational problems requiring intervention or resolution. Manages the execution of the Medical Group marketing and branding programs.
- Implementation and monitoring to ensure the Medical Group physician practices are in compliance with CHS policies, procedures, and process, as it relates to Quality, Safety, Environment of Care, and Corporate Compliance, and Privacy.
- Ensures appropriate accreditation and re-accreditation certifications are in place and facilities are in compliance with accreditation standards.
- Responsible for ensuring all Practices complete required Compliance and HIPAA Healthstream training in a timely manner.
- Ensures Practices report suspected privacy breaches and compliance issues in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with the Revenue Cycle management team, develops billing and collection performance criteria for the front end revenue cycle functions.
- Monitors the front end revenue cycle performance for the assigned practices including but not limited to demographic and insurance capture, charge capture, coding trends, open encounters, denial trends, and copay collection rates.
- Responsible for the distribution and analysis of revenue cycle reports to local managers along with development and implementation of corrective action plans for denial mitigation.
- Identifies problems impacting financial performance, opportunities for revenue enhancement, and implements solutions by collaborating with the Revenue Cycle and Information Technology departments.
- Strong working knowledge of CHS PM/EMR platforms. Ensures appropriate training and education for providers, managers and support staff, and ensures there is an EPIC super user at each practice location of service.
- Collaborates with the CHS IT Team to ensure issue resolution and identify optimization opportunity. Responsible for the effective roll out of new EPIC workflows and upgrades.
- Ensures that the Medical Group practices are positioned to optimize the performance of the EMR and PM strategies with goals to improve quality, clinical outcomes, and productivity.
- Responsible for Practices achieving CHS System My Chart activation rates and achievement of meaningful use objectives.
- Ensures appropriate industry standard staffing levels are maintained in assigned physician practices.
- In collaboration with Human Resources identifies recruitment strategies.
- Leads the interview and selection process for the positions of Office and Practice Manager.
- Ensures the implementation of and ongoing training of education and compliance with Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Measures and Evaluates direct reports performance by conducting introductory and annual performance evaluations.
- Oversees and participates where necessary in the drafting and delivery of corrective action and performance improvement plans.
- Routing monitoring of payroll and Lawson Labor Distribution and overtime oversight reports for assigned practices.
- Responsible for the effective new hire integration and orientation.
- Manage practice initiatives and progress.
- Manage financial performance of practice.
- Ensure overall Physician, Patient and Staff satisfaction targets are being met.
- Manage staff turnover to ensure appropriate support staff is available to meet the practice needs.
- Manage Onboarding of practice and ensure EMR transition is smooth and productive.
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college preferably in Health Management or Business Administration. Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration preferred.
- Proven verbal, quantitative, financial and interpersonal skills. In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of medical practice administration. Prefer experience in multi-practice management.
- Ability to train professionals in the identification, valuation and realization of revenue opportunities within physician practices.
- Extensive knowledge of governmental and third party payor healthcare reimbursement guidelines, excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Strong organizational and project management skills.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.