Director, Provider Coding and DocumentationFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Physician Revenue Realization Category: Leadership Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6017606
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Position Summary: The Director will be responsible to develop and maintain a CHS standard Policy and Procedures for Coding and Documentation Review of new and current/active providers/practices, including standardization of the provider tools in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) system. This individual will direct the Coding and Documentation Review team including the manager and specialists that will perform reviews of the Ambulatory Office and Hospital Based Practices as pre and post transition to the CHS EHR system.
- Develop a quality assurance program for the coding team reviews of providers on the EHR system.
- Implement a communication plan with providers your findings of the patient documentation and coding review. To include changes in codes related to their cases.
- Implement a tracking and productivity report for the coding/documentation review team.
- Audit provider coding to assure accuracy of code assignment as it relates to the documentation. Track and report levels of accuracy on a monthly basis as it relates to increase or reduction of percentage of charts to be reviewed.
- Assist the providers and Information Technology with the EHR documentation build.
- Develop and maintain a Physician Charge Master.
- Perform benchmark/tracking of provider level of service distribution on a monthly basis.
- Lead and or participate in committees to address topics such as ICD-10, CPT, electronic health record and process improvement.
- Prepare departmental budgets
- Analyze clinical and financial data to look for trends and opportunities for process improvement?
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management or Health Information Technology, required.
- Must have Certified Professional Coder (CPC).
- RHIA Credential
- Medical Terminology and Anatomy/Physiology classes.
- Highly organized and pays close attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should be dependable, motivated, professional and work well independently or with a group.
- Excellent research skills as it relates to medical specialties and documentation and coding requirements
- Travel to CHS facilities and owned practices
- Minimum of 5 years CPC with surgical and office based experience.
- Minimum of 3 years electronic health record systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential physical demands.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.