Epic System AnalystFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Electronic Med Rcds-Phys Owned Category: IT Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8-5 ReqNum: 6023927
Under minimal supervision, the SER Coordinator formulates and manages the Epic's EMR Provider and Resource (SER) Masterfile. He/she will scope and define objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify processes to maintain the SER master file, and prepare detailed specifications from which the SER will be maintained. The SER Coordinator must be Epic certified, or must attend and complete Epic certification in Security and Cadence/Prelude modules. In addition, the SER Coordinator will also participate and will be responsible for the validation, design, build, testing and implementation of the Epic Cadence/Prelude module. He/she must demonstrate competency of an application systems analyst and implementation activities, including in-depth analyses of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with the use of vendor software. Will work to identify issues that impact deadlines and quality of project and escalate to the Team Lead. Work with the Team Lead to actively resolve issues and apply risk mitigation strategies.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and product management skills in interpreting customer business needs translating them into application and operational requirements. Configure systems to support operational needs once requirements are finalized and approved by customer.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Complete project and support assignments in accordance with established service level agreements and defined and published project timelines.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers and team manager, whichever is appropriate.
- Develop processes for maintenance of records for internal caregivers, external caregivers, resources, and modalities, also including the process for adding newly hired providers
- Obtain extracts from those external organizations for transfer of care documentation
- Ability to load those extracts into external provider directory.
- Understanding of imports and exports within the SER and other EPIC applications.
- Understand the structure of Epic user (EMP) records, including profiles, roles, menus, and security classes.
- Serve as the point person for SER record-related issues and questions regarding application.
- Must be able to seek out potential problems before they become crises and escalating those problems to project leadership.
- Review SER record-related release notes during upgrades and special updates.
- Collaborate with other CHS IT experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent and a minimum of three years of experience in a progressive IT environment is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Is competent to work on all phases of business and applications system analysis and implementation activities.
- Ability to evaluate and interpret end user information requirements, and recommend or develop appropriate systems and/or application solutions.
- Knowledge of computer/computational science, data analysis, and programming technologies, concepts, and techniques. Ability to develop, install, test, and troubleshoot complex applications software. Ability to record, track and document resolution of user problems by means of problem reporting database software.
- Ability to develop user documentation for training, software/hardware use, user procedures, and project deliverables. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.