HIM ClerkFacility: CHS Services Location: Melville, NY Department: HIM EMPI DRG Appeals Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time, including Weekends Shift: Day shift Hours: 8a-4p ReqNum: 6045698
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes and discover why Catholic Health was named Long Island's Top Workplace.
Catholic Health is an integrated system encompassing some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. With 18,000 employees, 6 acute care hospitals, 3 nursing homes, a home nursing service, hospice, a community-based agency for persons with special needs and a network of physician practices, CH's high standards have resulted in a 24% market share.
Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CH serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity. Learn more about CH's commitment to quality and about the services offered.
The HIM clerk is responsible for a variety of clerical duties, including scanning, indexing, QA of scanned documents, analysis, phone coverage, checking in of shadow charts and other assigned duties as necessary.
- Prepares medical records for scanning, matching batch header sheets, does quality review, uploads and accepts batched for completeness
- Scans and indexes health and administrative information in to the hospital's electronic health record system.
- After all information is scanned and indexed, files or places the paper files in the HIPAA bin per policy and procedure.
- Maintains a daily productivity log of scanning and indexing activities.
- Scans and indexes loose medical record documents received daily.
- Completes scanning and indexing within established timeframes.
- Confirms that documents have been scanned into the system prior to placing them in the HIPAA bin to ensure the integrity of scanned images into the electronic health record system.
- Analyzes Inpatient/Outpatient records for physician deficiencies and enters them into the HER.
- Protects the confidentiality of patient information, as well as access to computer files and access codes
- Performs additional tasks as assigned
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Knowledge of Electronic Medical Record Systems
- Ability to operate the following equipment; scanner, microfilm reader/printer, copy machine, fax machine.
- Previous clerical experience in a hospital or doctor's office preferred.
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Financial Clearance Center Representative
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Utilization and Appeals Management Analyst
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Lead Utilization and Appeals Manager
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Utilization and Appeals Coordinator