HRIS SpecialistFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: HR Operations Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6018493
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The HRIS Specialist assists in the operation and maintenance of the HRIS system to ensure accurate and timely processing of all changes to an employee's database and maintains ongoing integrity of data through data entry.
- Maintain the integrity and accuracy of the HRIS through the following:
- Timely data entry of new hires and updates/changes to employee information
- Verify and adjust employee accrual data base
- Enters new hires and generates profiles
- Accurate verification of employee information
- Run Lawson updates ensuring changes are accurately reflected
- Benefit entry and updates
- Process requests to add, delete or modify positions in the HRIS ensuring the structure of the position is set up properly including job codes
- Responsible for primary source verifications of all licenses, running related reports and notifying the designated entities HR staff
- By utilizing the case management system, actively monitor and accurately track information about all calls and any relevant information
- Ensure all employees receive an outstanding customer experience on every contact with on time delivery and production of work that meets or exceeds expectations
- Maintain communication with the payroll department and appropriate HR staff to ensure employee basic data information is accurate and issues/errors are addressed in a timely manner
- Assist with other HR related projects
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Lawson knowledge a plus
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask in a highly dynamic environment
- Committed to excellence in service and performance
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Must be a team player
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to maintain a strict level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning
- 2 years of HRIS experience a plus
- Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential physical demands.