IT Project ManagerFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: IT Project Management Office Category: IT Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9:00AM-5:00PM ReqNum: 6031545
The Project Manager for CHS IT is responsible for management and
oversight of Information Technology initiatives for Catholic Health Services of
Long Island (CHS).This individual works
closely with IT Management, IT staff and business unit leaders in the planning,
development, implementation and transition to support of IT associated projects
in accordance with CHS strategic objectives.The scope of initiatives includes projects from all areas of IT
(Technical, Infrastructure, Revenue Cycle, Clinical, Physician Practice,
Population Heath and Enterprise Systems).
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (Not inclusive as may vary with assignments):
- Lead and coordinate internal and
business partner resources through the execution of projects.
- Assist and support resource
availability planning and allocation.
- Evaluate, measure and report team
member performance as appropriate and defined by CHS IT Management.
- Establish and maintain relationships
with CHS IT Management, IT Application Teams, IT Technical Teams and
business unit stakeholders.
- Develop and foster team building
atmosphere for all initiatives.
- Develop, educate, and monitor staff adherence
to CHS policies, procedures, and work standards.
- Support or directs the daily project operations
of team members to provide work assignments, allocate team resources to
tasks, monitor work schedules, ensure deadlines are met and services are
being delivered efficiently in accordance with the requirements and CHS
- Facilitate the on boarding process of new
members to CHS IT Program Management.
- Consistently assesses
and acknowledges each team member's contributions.
- Effectively utilizes
each project team member to his/her fullest potential and motivates the
team to work together in the most efficient manner.
- Identifies opportunities
for team improvement, tracks lessons learned and communicates information
with project team members.
- Identifies and addresses training and
development needs of project teams.
- Uses project management skills and
leadership to support other project leaders with initiatives.
- Communicates as needed and provides
customer service with business unit leaders of CHS.
- Identifies and evaluates the
requirements of the business units and can provide options to fulfill the needs
or assist in alternative business options where a technology solution does
- Continually seeks opportunities to
increase customer service satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Ensures the definition of project objectives, scope, technical and
operative feasibility and involves all relevant stakeholders.
- Leads and facilitates all phases and techniques appropriate for a
respective initiative including and not limited to: planning, design,
build, testing, training, implementation and closure.
- Collects and documents project requirements, assists development of
solutions and workflows.
- Ensures projects are delivered within the approved scope, schedule
- Develop, maintain or facilitate comprehensive project documentation
as appropriate for a respective initiative and in accordance with CHS IT
policy and procedure.
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule and budget.
- Perform risk and issue management addressing the mitigation and
- Leads and manages meetings
- Demonstrates strong adherence to IT change management policies and
procedures and holds team members accountable for compliance.
Financial & Operations Management
- Assists in developing and monitoring
the Department's Operating and Capital Budgets.
- Identifies internal/external business
processes requiring improvement and recommends possible solutions for
- Leads internal teams/committees, as
- Reviews project status reports and support
other project leaders as requested.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of
HIPAA requirements governing security of PHI and monitors compliance
within areas of responsibility.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or
Business Administration or equivalent and a minimum of four to seven years of
experience in a progressive IT environment is required.Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
experience in the Information Technology sector.
or Healthcare IT work experience preferred (i.e. knowledge and experience
of healthcare operational environment).
communication and presentation skills.
to evaluate and interpret end user information requirements, and recommend
or develop appropriate systems and/or application solutions.
of computer/computational science, data analysis, and programming
technologies, concepts, and techniques.
- Ability to develop, implement, install,
test, and troubleshoot complex applications software.
to record, track, corresponds, and document resolution of user problems by
means of problem reporting database software.
to develop user documentation for training, software/hardware use, user
procedures, and project deliverables.
- Ability to learn and utilize new
applications and systems.
organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple endeavors
with project management software and Microsoft Windows applications
(MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point, MS-Visio & MS-Project).
for All Employees:
- Demonstrate knowledge of and conduct himself/herself in conformity
with the CHS Compliance Assurance Program and Standards of Conduct.Employee shall receive a copy of the CHS
Compliance Program Handbook and be aware of the CHS Helpline.Employee will perform all work
activities according to the highest ethical and legal standards.
himself/herself in conformity with the HIPAA Compliance Program and
applicable institutional policies and procedures for patient privacy.
- Play an
active role in the CHS Information Security Awareness Program by following
and supporting all CHS information security policies and procedures to the
best of their ability.This will
include reporting any suspected fraud, abuse, or violation of policy to
the appropriate management or reporting mechanism.
the organization's mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following
behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect
personalization, commitment to our community, and accountability and
may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems