Manager, Revenue RealizationFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: OP Followup Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6018573
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Under the supervision of the Director of the Revenue Realization Center, the Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing, coordinating, and managing the daily operations related to the billing and collection of third party and patient accounts. Reviews, develops, and analyzes statistical data to measure and explain staff performance, accounts receivables, and progress towards financial targets. Identifies trends and recommends process improvements to enhance workflows, expand staff training and skills, and advance productivity, and meet department goals.
- Reviews, documents, and communicates all processes related to insurance and patient billing, follow up, credits denials, and appeals. Monitors staff adherence to department processes and addresses issues through training and counseling. Ensures accounts are billed and followed accurately, timely, and in a compliant manner
- Oversee and assists in customer service related questions and issues. Escalates patient complaints as necessary to RRC and facility leadership
- Resolves routine questions and problems posed by support staff, referring more complex issues to higher levels of management.
- Maintain and update policy/procedure documentation
- Compiles and organizes statistical data related to billing and accounts receivable activity to explain performance and variances to established goals. Identifies and communicates both positive and negative trends in need of further analysis or issue resolution
- Develop and conduct training programs for respective applications and staff. Finalize and maintain training materials, job aides, competencies, and training records for all staff to manage individual performance
- Implements and monitors staff productivity and quality standards. Reports weekly results to leadership and addresses individual performance as needed
- Keeps abreast of all billing and reimbursement regulations and standards to ensure compliance with any published or anticipated changes issued by governmental agencies and/or third party payers. Shares knowledge with staff through verbal and prepared written communication. Ensures CHS managed care contracts terms and conditions are adhered to by support staff and contracted parties.
- Actively leads and participates in payer meetings to communicate and resolve billing and reimbursement issues. Prepares materials in advance and collaborates with the Director and Managed Care Directors
- Coordinates and monitors the performance of outside agencies including reconciling remittance/commission reports. Interviews and evaluates agency services. Monitors agency expenses and performance and participates in monthly meetings to review such metrics
- Recruits and trains new personnel. Evaluates and counsels, when needed, personnel under his/her own supervision.
- Prepare reports as requested.
- Participates in special projects as requested by the Director
Keeps the Director informed as to the status of the department.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Six to eight years of progressively responsible Hospital Accounts Receivable experience of which five years must have been devoted to management level responsibilities, including decision making and managing staff.
- A Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting or equivalent skills. Hospital billing experience required.
- Must be able to effectively manage and coordinate the billing, follow-up, customer service, and regulatory compliance functions of the Hospital RRC
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate with internal staff, customers, leaders, and representatives from external departments and agencies and to train and supervise personnel.
- Must be proficient in data processing capabilities and procedures and able to operate a personal computer using standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and Access.)
- Must have highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills. Must possess high ability to organize, develop, and write user manuals and other required documents
- Must have experience in change management and development of new computer platforms and related staffing assignments, workflows and training.
- Must possess an in-depth knowledge of third party governmental billing regulations and statutes/laws governing the management of human resources and strong employee relations skills
- Certification through the Healthcare Financial Management Association preferred (e.g., CHFP, CRCR)
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.