Microsoft System AdministratorFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Desktop & Server Architecture Category: IT Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6018411
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The Microsoft Messaging Engineer is responsible for the ongoing operations of enterprise email messaging and Windows based systems and applications. This position includes hardware / server installations, production system support, application integration, vendor interaction and incident response / service request management. System performance analysis and Disaster Recovery planning is a crucial component of job function as well.
- Participates in project appropriate aspects of information systems lifecycles (business requirements definition, selection / planning, build, test, train, implement, production support). Install, configure and maintain Microsoft based systems.
- Performs daily systems administrative duties, including but not limited to error monitoring, storage management, and resource utilization analysis and data integrity validation.
- Mailbox administration and messaging message routing functions.
- Manage mailbox quotas and retention policies.
- Perform periodic security audits Achieves system upgrades - hardware / software, patch management and system tuning.
- Develops technical and procedural documentation for related systems and applications.
- Participates in the development and implementation of CHS' business / disaster recovery tests to ensure that plans are current and effective.
- Uses various tools and applications to record workload and events, such as time tracking and incident response / service request applications.
- Works closely with vendors and other suppliers of information systems related products and services to implement solutions or solve business problems.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service by providing responsive and effective support, developing solid working relationships, and delivering high quality, value-added services that exceed customer expectations.
- Available for rotational on-call support, periodic maintenance and schedule maintenance downtimes. Willingness to travel from entity to entity.
- Bachelors' Degree in Information Systems / Computer Science preferred. Minimum of 6-8 years of experience as a Messaging Engineer Microsoft Systems Administration training and / or certification.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- A predisposition to collaborate with others in the attainment of common goals and objectives. Effective human relations and personnel management skills. Capability to work independently, with ability to multi-task.
- Through knowledge of managing Microsoft Exchange 2010/2016 in a large enterprise
- Experience with successful upgrades of Exchange from 2010 to 2016
- Proven knowledge of Exchange 2010 Active/Passive clustering utilizing SAN-attached storage
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Outlook Client
- Vmware AirWatch MDM deployment and administration
- Experience with Blackberry 12 and UEM platforms
- Through knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems including version 2012 and 2016
- Active directory and windows security experience
- Extensive scripting experience with PowerShell and other tools, required
- Knowledgeable of messaging backups and restoration procedures
- Preferred technical Skills
- Experience with Cisco IronPort appliances preferred
- VMware administration preferred
- SolarWinds and HP OpenView management system experience preferred
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.