Microsoft Systems Administrator - Enterprise ImagingFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Desktop & Server Architecture Category: IT Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6016444
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The Microsoft Systems Administrator, Enterprise Imaging is responsible for the ongoing operations of enterprise Windows-Intel systems, database and imaging applications. The Microsoft Systems Administrator position includes hardware / server installations, production system support, application integration, vendor interaction and incident response / service request management. System performance analysis and Disaster Recovery planning is a crucial component of the job function as well.
- Participates in project appropriate aspects of information systems lifecycles (business requirements definition, selection / planning, build, test, train, implement, production support).
- Install, setup, configure, maintain and monitor the daily operations of the PACS network, cardiovascular and teleradiology related systems
- Performs daily systems administrative duties, including but not limited to error monitoring, storage management, and processor utilization analysis and data integrity validation.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, repair and facilitate support call requirements for system hardware and software, including network communications
- Assist with the installation and integration of DICOM communication devices within the hospitals
- Performs system upgrades - hardware / software, patch management and system tuning. Assist with the maintaining enterprise backup and restore of systems.
- Develop and maintain documentation on the workflow, and policies and procedures of the PACS related systems and applications
- Testing of new software versions and participation in the defining of standards for installation and upgrade methodologies. May create flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation.
- Participates in the development and implementation of CHS' business / disaster recovery tests to ensure that plans are current and effective.
- Uses various tools and applications record workload and events, such as time tracking and incident response / service request applications.
- Works closely with vendors and other suppliers of information systems related products and services to implement solutions or solve business problems.
- Shall have the ability to teach and or train on the technical functionality of the enterprise imaging platform.
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service by providing responsive and effective support, developing solid working relationships, and delivering high quality, value-added services that exceed customer expectations.
- Provide trouble call support by responding to routine and emergent help-desk support from end users.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors' Degree in Information Systems / Computer Science preferred.
- Microsoft Systems Administration training and / or certification.
- VMware training and /or certification.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- A predisposition to collaborate with others in the attainment of common goals and objectives.
- Effective human relations and personnel management skills.
- Capability to work independently, with ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated successful implementation / knowledge of the following technologies: Active Directory and Windows security (preferred), Microsoft Operating Systems desktop and server (2003 through 2016), Linux (SUSE), Microsoft SQL Server (2008 through 2016) (preferred), VMware (preferred), HP OpenView management system experience, Symantec Veritas NetBackup and Altiris server management.
- At least (2) years of experience supporting enterprise imaging systems such as IBM Merge, GE IntegradWeb/Centricity, AGFA, McKesson.
- Shall be familiar with the clinical and diagnostic workflow for a radiology department in a large medical center.
- Shall have the skills necessary to install, configure and maintain a high availability environment.
- Shall have a working understanding of Storage Area Networks and infrastructure components.
- Willingness to travel from entity to entity.
- Available for on-call or off hour support 24 x 7 x 365.
- Minimum three (3) years experience.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.