Payment Posting RepresentativeFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Physician Cash Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 8:00am - 4:00pm ReqNum: 6036015
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Under the direction of the Manager of Physician Revenue Realization, the Payment Posting Representation is responsible for accurate and timely posting of insurance and patient payments and adjustments.
- Accurate and timely insurance and patient payment posting
- Processing of Electronic Remittance Advices (ERA's)
- Process and posting of credit card payments
- Payment batch reconciliation
- Use of appropriate denial and adjustment reason codes for accurate reporting
- Reviews and edits any rejections stemming from electronic billing submissions and corrects and resubmits claims.
- Scan documents and payment batches to Physician Revenue Cycle scanning solution (On base)
- Verifies accuracy of patient insurance and demographic information.
- Generates bills to patients for services not covered by insurance.
- Investigates duplicate payments and takes appropriate action to resolve. Initiates refund requests, where necessary, in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Responds to all requests for information and telephone inquiries from patient, insurance carrier and outside agencies in a courteous manner.
- Establishes and demonstrates competency in accounts receivable systems and associated applications.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to interpret third party coverage and institution's charges (rates) to patient.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to comply with procedural guidelines and instructions and to solicit assistance when situations arise that deviate from the norm.
- Demonstrated competency operating a personal computer required.
- One year of Physician Billing experience, including insurance carrier follow up and customer
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.