Project ManagerFacility: CHS Services Location: Melville, NY Department: Physician Strategy Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9-5 ReqNum: 6041444
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
In collaboration with and under the direction of the President, CHPP Medical Group, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing, and coordinating projects that support the President and team members of the Medical Group. The incumbent must exhibit strong analytical and critical thinking skills, demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness, and possess strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others.
- Partners with the President to define project goals, objectives, target initiatives, timelines and budgets.
- Prepares project assessment, analysis, and reports.
- Coordinates implementation of project plans.
- Partners with the President to develop tools and metrics to evaluate performance of target initiatives.
- Partners with President and management to implement project initiatives.
- Develops, maintains or facilitates comprehensive project documentation as appropriate for a respective initiative.
- Communicates with departments and project teams regarding implementation activities and system changes to ensure feasibility.
- Obtains feedback and collaborates with President to develop project improvement plans.
- Ensures projects are delivered within the approved scope, schedule and budget.
- Coordinate initiatives with the President and other CH divisions including IT, Operations, Finance, Revenue Cycle, Managed Care, Supply chain, Quality and Service Lines.
- Coordinate with President and CFO of the Medical Group to collect financial, statistical and operational data for analysis.
- Work as liaison between relevant stakeholders to support service line initiatives.
- Support initiatives to improve service efficiencies within the CH system.
- Assist the President with communications, meetings and work plans.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree required, Advanced degree preferred.
- Strong IT skills and data analysis skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong data representation skills – appropriate graphical representation, use of tables, and other report formats.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in a variety of vendor software programs with minimal instruction.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills that support productive work with all levels of staff.
- Ability to use critical thinking and apply sound judgment and assessment for decision making.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working directly with Physicians and Medical practices.
- Prior Healthcare Industry work experience preferred
- Interdisciplinary team work experience
- Typical office environment. Standing, walking and/or continuously moving around
- Travel to other CHS facilities and physician practices
Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential physical demands.
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.