Project ManagerFacility: CHS Services Location: Melville, NY Department: Cardio-Vascular Service Line Category: Administrative / Business Support Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift Hours: 9.00AM-5.00PM ReqNum: 6045821
At Catholic Health, our primary focus is the way we treat and serve our communities. We work collaboratively to provide compassionate care and utilize evidence based practice to improve outcomes – to every patient, every time.
We are committed to caring for Long Island. Be a part of our team of healthcare heroes.
Catholic Health is also proud to be voted one of Newsday's Top Places to Work on Long Island in 2018 and 2019 and Modern Healthcare's Best Place to work in both 2019 and 2020.
Under the direction of the VP of Cardiovascular Service Line, the Service Line Project Manager is responsible for managing planning, managing, and coordinating projects that support the CH Strategic Plan. The incumbent must exhibit strong analytical and critical thinking skills, demonstrate initiative and resourcefulness, and possess strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with management to define project goals, objectives, target initiatives, timelines and budgets.
- Ensures the definition of project objectives, scope, technical and operative feasibility and involves all relevant stakeholders.
- Prepares project assessment, analysis, reports and recommendations.
- Coordinates implementation of project plans.
- Partners with management to develop tools and metrics to evaluate performance of target initiatives.
- Educates providers and other organizational departments on workflows and initiatives that support the project and improve member outcomes and satisfaction for assigned population(s).
- Leads and facilitates all phases and techniques appropriate for a respective initiative including and not limited to: planning, design, build, testing, training, implementation, analysis and closure.
- Develops, maintains or facilitates comprehensive project documentation as appropriate for a respective initiative.
- Communicates with departments and project teams regarding implementation activities and system changes to ensure feasibility.
- Monitor project plan performance and evaluates effectiveness of project plans.
- Prepares operational analysis, flow charts, presentations and reports, as required by project specifications.
- Presents analysis and recommendations to management. Obtains feedback and collaborates with management to develop project improvement plans.
- Ensures projects are delivered within the approved scope, schedule and budget.
- Coordinates initiatives with VP, Cardiovascular Service Line as well as CH divisions including IT, the Continuing Care Division, Finance, Revenue cycle, Managed Care and Supply Chain.
- Interface with management to collect financial, statistical and operational data for analysis.
- Work as liaison between relevant stakeholders to support service line initiatives.
- Stays well informed of industry trends and changes and be able to incorporate them into organizational plans.
- Support initiatives to improve service line efficiencies within the CH system.
- Provides support for the collection of CH wide performance improvement related initiatives within the service line.
- Assist the service line leader with communications, meetings and work plans.
- Assist the Chairs in providing assessments for market share and opportunities for program enhancement as well as new program development.
- Provide assistance to service line leader in developing and monitoring the service line budgets.
- Regularly attend hospital operations meetings and participate as appropriate.
- Regularly attend and participate in hospital and system Committee meetings as needed.
- Regularly participate in CH service line events as needed.
- Coordinate with other service line leader as required.
- Contributes to and consistently applies Catholic Health policies, procedures, and benefits to all customers and/or employees without discrimination.
- Employee conducts himself/herself in conformity with the HIPAA Compliance Program and applicable institutional policies and procedures for patient privacy. In addition, employee conducts himself/herself in conformity with the Catholic Health Security policies and procedures.
- Every effort has been made to make your job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Health Care Management or Business Administration. Advanced degree (MA, MBA, etc.) preferred.
- Strong IT skills and data analysis skills
- Ability to aggregate and interpret key service line and population health data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software. Use of statistical applications a plus.
- Strong data representation skills – appropriate graphical representation, use of tables, and other report formats.
- Ability to learn and become proficient in a variety of vendor software programs with minimal instruction.
- Ability to use critical thinking and apply sound judgment and assessment for decision making.
- At least three years administrative/ related experience required.
- At least two years’ experience working as a data analyst required
- Project Management certification a plus
- Prior Healthcare Industry work experience preferred
- Interdisciplinary team work experience preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Typical office environment. Standing, walking and/or continuously moving around
- Travel to other CH facilities and physician practices as needed
At Catholic Health your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Financial Clearance Center Representative
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Utilization and Appeals Management Analyst
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Lead Utilization and Appeals Manager
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Utilization and Appeals Coordinator