Senior Network EngineerFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: IT Network Services Category: IT Schedule: Full Time Shift: Day shift ReqNum: 6006312
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
The Network Engineer will be a member of the Network Services team and will report to the Lead Network Engineer. Specifically, the Network Engineer will be responsible for installing and maintaining all Enterprise Wide LAN/WAN CISCO data infrastructure. This includes but not limited to, routers, switches, firewalls and access devices.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of any core switches and routers
- Assisting in LAN/WAN related additions and changes. This includes all hardware and software issues and on going administration of the Enterprise network.
- Implementing and managing all aspects of IT network security.
- Maintaining accurate records of all maintenance, inventory, and security measures associated with the company's data networks.
- Working with IT team members to assess and solve all company wide IT network issues.
- Training and assisting all end users data related products as needed.
- Responsible for leading and participating in the activities associated with identifying and analyzing network requirements to develop detailed design specifications for data traffic and network enhancements, coordinating assigned projects for completion from beginning to end and effectively communicating results to end user.
- Research hardware and software solutions and create plans, including layouts and product specifications, for all communication networks ?
- Present findings in report format to appropriate personnel and explain how the new communications network will address current issues
- Secure all hardware and software required for network solutions
- Plan out network installation and/or upgrade project, assign milestone tasks to support personnel and meet company deadlines for full implementation
- Research and analyze new network technologies and present suggestions for upgrades to improve existing communications network
- Design, develop, and deploy networking solutions, emphasizing usability, performance, reliability and supportability
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud and local infrastructure
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness
- Mentor team members on technical issues
- Create, oversee and test security measures (e.g. access authentication and disaster recovery)
- Communicate with users when needed
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Minimum 5 years experience designing, implementing and maintaining TCP/IP networks using Cisco routers and switches is required.
- Extensive experience with Cisco networking technologies including routing protocols (EIGRP, BGP, OSPF), VPN, loading balancing, VLANs, access lists, wireless access points, firewalls etc. in an Enterprise wide multi-site environment required.
- Experience working in healthcare environment.
- Travel is required.
- After hours and weekend work will be required including participation in department on-call rotation.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or MIS preferred. Cisco certification required
- Industry-related experience as a Senior Network Engineer
- Professional certification (e.g. CCNP, CCDP, CCNA)
- Solid background in network administration and architecture:
- Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN's)
- Routing (OSPF, RIPv2, BGP)
- WAN Technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN)
- Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking)
- Large Scale Wireless Deployments
- Familiarity with access control models and network security
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. WireShark, SolarWinds network tools)
- Solid understanding of network operating systems (Cisco IOS)
- Working expertise with Firewalls (e.g. Checkpoint)
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and mentoring skills
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.