Service Desk AnalystFacility: CHS Services Inc Location: Melville, NY Department: Help Desk Services Category: IT Schedule: Full Time, Variable Days with Holiday coverage Shift: Day, Evening and Night shifts Hours: 3PM-11PM or 11PM-7AM ReqNum: 6011725
Catholic Health Services of Long Island (CHS) is an integrated health care delivery system with some of the region's finest health and human services agencies. CHS includes six hospitals, three skilled nursing facilities, a regional home nursing service, hospice and a multiservice, community-based agency for persons with special needs. Under the sponsorship of the Diocese of Rockville Centre, CHS serves hundreds of thousands of Long Islanders each year, providing care that extends from the beginning of life to helping people live their final years in comfort, grace and dignity.
Service Desk Analysts are the front line contact with the user community. Agents are responsible for responding to problems/requests about business applications and IT related hardware from Catholic Health Services employees.
- Provides excellent customer service by ensuring that support services are delivered to meet customer business needs and expectations.
- Works with Catholic Health Service employees to collect information pertaining to requests / problems.
- Receives calls and logs tickets into HEAT.
- Ensures proper documentation of problems, requests, and issues.
- Performs a preliminary analysis of user requests / problems to determine category and priority.
- Documents all troubleshooting efforts on problem tickets.
- Analyst will be logged in and focused on user's real time problem resolution.
- Maintains a readiness position at least 80% of each work shift while logged into the telephone ACD queue.
- Logs in promptly at designated work hours.
- Resolve tickets as capable and closes tickets in HEAT.
- May close tickets and notify users as requested by Service Desk Support or Senior Support Analysts.
- Works independently and maintains a high degree of professional conduct at all times.
- Exhibits leadership qualities in daily responsibilities.
- Maintains competency by participating in continuing education and seminars specific to job responsibilities within CHS IT.
- Attends scheduled training and completes self-study courses.
- Acts as a technical resource to newer advocates.
- Assists in training newer advocates.
- Shift hours vary. Job requires working scheduled weekends and holidays.
- Computer related courses at a certified career center. Degree in Information Systems/Computer Science desired.
- Ability to troubleshoot common technical problems.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Working knowledge of popular Microsoft applications as well as IBM compatible desktop computers.
- Previous Help Desk or Customer Service experience
At Catholic Health Services of Long Island your well-being comes first, with comprehensive compensation and benefits; our offerings go beyond the basics. In addition to multiple medical plans, life insurance, generous paid time off and flexible spending accounts, we also offer substantial tuition reimbursement, an employer funded pension plan and several savings plan options for your future.
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island System Analyst, PACS/Radiant
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Clinical Analyst, Ambulatory
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Epic Credentialed Trainer - Revenue Cycle
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island Senior Support Technician - Service Desk